X-Wind Corporate Governance
The Company is committed to responsible business leadership.
The Company is made of the management and the advisory board:
- The management is responsible for the leadership of the Company and all members of the management are collectively responsible for the Company’s performance.
- The company is planning to be consulted by an advisory board made up of distinguished members of the business community, media and politics. The board consists of 3-6 members who elect a coordinating chairman.
The management consults the advisory board regularly, timely and comprehensively on all relevant Company matters for planning, business development, finance and risk management. The advisory board may follow a different position to that of the management upon due cause or reason.
Both the management and the advisory board ensure that inaugurated members of staff and trusted persons observe confidentiality.
The advisory board may meet without prior consultation of the management.
The granting of loans from the Company to members of the management require the approval of both the advisory board and the management (absolute majority).
An annual corporate governance report is made part of the annual financial statement.
Tasks and responsibilities of the management: The management is responsible for the leadership and the business interests of the Company and for ensuring the sustainable growth of the Company’s financial value. The management also looks after the Company’s trajectory and the compliance with and implementation of general rules and regulations.
The management is made up of several members. Company rules of procedure regulate the distribution of responsibilities and cooperation within the management.
The management determines the amount of remuneration paid out to the members of the management and the advisory board is informed accordingly.
The total remuneration for the members of management include the remuneration components, pensions plans all other benefits (especially for the termination of contract) and incentives. The monetary remuneration system consists of fixed and variable components. The variable remuneration components consist of long-term incentives and payment directly attuned to operational success and achieved objectives. All components are to be appropriate as individual and collective remuneration packages.
In the case of change of company format the Company will provide shares acquisition options to executives and employees.
The management is forbidden to compete with Company business during the entire employment contract period.
The management, advisory board and employees may not pursue or accept financial contributions or other advantages for themselves or third parties or grant any form of business advantage to third parties.
The members of the management and the advisory board are fully committed to the interests of the Company. Members may not make decisions in pursuit of private interests or exploit Company business opportunities for own ends.
All members of the management consult each other immediately when a conflict of interest arises.
All members of the management seeking to exercise external business activities require the unanimous approval of all other members of the management.
The X-Wind Development Philosophy
There are two basic approaches to the development of parts, systems, machines, vehicles, and other engineering constructions:
Fail-Safe and Safe-Life
- Use of natural colours and shapes
- Sensible blending with the environment
- Harmonious matching of all building materials
- Preferential treatment of renewable resources
- Preferential treatment of recycled materials
- Preferential treatment of recyclable materials
- Avoidance of material waste
Furthermore, all X-Wind products will be examined for any adverse environmental impacts they could cause. The environmental impact on fauna and flora concerning are:
Fauna: threat potential, mating and breeding seasons, hibernation and migration seasons, hunting seasons
Flora: threat potential, seed and pollination times, fertilizing times, and harvest seasons will be closely considered in addition to profitability matters.
We want to create wind energy technology with the following image:
- Close to nature
- Blending with the landscape
- Culturally relevant
- Appropriate materials
Last of all, we also strive to design our products as much as possible in a manner to withstand vandalism and natural catastrophes. For this purpose detailed documentation will correspondingly be included in the main product specifications file.
Generating renewable energy according to the X-Wind Principle
The company X-Wind UG develops and builds wind energy systems, using a ground breaking and patented principle (the X-Wind Principle) for the generation of energy. The X-Wind Principle captures and utilizes wind energy in a uniquely efficient manner.
The former X-Wind Team
Our experienced management
› Uwe Ahrens ‹ , founder of NTS, aap Implantate AG and X-Wind Powerplants UG
- Born 1953
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Founder and long standing COE of aap Implantate AG (IPO 1999)
- Chairman of the Committee for Industry and Technology of the Berlin Chamber of Commerce
Former NTS Partners
- BMW Plant Leipzig
- DSM/Dyneema Netherlands
Former NTS Development Partners
- Berliner Stadtreinigung BSR
- Friedland Industrial Minerals GmbH
- Fraunhofer Institute IPA
- Technical University Berlin
- Beuth University of Applied Sciences
- 3M Deutschland GmbH
- Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau
- Investitionsbank Berlin/EFRE (Grant)
X-Wind is committed to the objective of sustainable development and the sustainable handling of the Earth’s limited resources. It is the most highly proclaimed goal of the Company to provide products and services most suitable to contain the rapid consumption of limited resources and to take great care to minimize the impact of our work on the natural environment.
- The management commits itself to provide systems and services in a bid to comply with sustainable technological development. Products and services will only then be developed and adopted when they have proven to achieve a sustainable edge on other technological developments for products and services currently on the energy market.
- The management commits itself to conduct business in a manner to generate and safeguard long-term value for clients, suppliers, investors and employees.
The highest creed of the Company is a sustainable and competitive long-term growth strategy and a lasting above-average return on investment.
We at X-Wind are committed to fairness towards clients, employees and associates, suppliers and investors.
Our products are optimized according to durability, quality, operability, and costs (our products and services are in conformity with the principle of sustainable development).
Handling the resources of the Earth responsibly goes without saying for us.
We want to take a leading role in the generation of renewable energy.
Page 1 of 2